Fenix BC21R - 880 lumens - CREE XM-L2 T6 LED - 18650 x1
Rechargeable, with the included 2300mAh 18650 able to be taken out for on the go changes, the BC21R is a bike light that you'll find has a few features many others will be envious of. That means other riders and their own lights. To start, the two red bits up front? Those are red LEDs which don't interfere with your ride, but do alert people coming up to you that you're about to meet. If they haven't seen any of the other methods of alerting the world to your presence you employ beforehand.
The BC21R uses an XM-L2 T6 LED for forward illumination. The lens is changed to allow for a new version of the Dual Distance Beam System, shooting out light to 125 meters. The red LEDs stay steady while the light is in a stable mode, and flicker themselves while in Flash mode. Machined from aluminum alloy, it is able to survive impacts from 1 meter up with minimal damage. However, as the mount is tight and won't move without your assistance, or even let the BC21R slide off slowly, you won't have to worry about falls unless deliberately tested.
There is a small black separater inside the BC21R, near the front and behind the LED on the battery's positive side. Take this out after it arrives, or the light will just be a paperweight at best.
For an in-depth look at the BC21R, read this review by Nathan of the Bike Light Database.
- Uses 1 Cree XM-L2 T6 neutral white LED with better color rendition
- Powered by 1 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or 2 CR123A Lithium batteries
- Optimized Dual Distance Beam System
- Micro-USB direct charging
- Built-in over-charge, over-discharge protection
- Battery Level Indication
- Low power warning reminds when battery replacement needed
- Over-heat protection to avoid high temperature of the surface
- New-type quick-release bike mount for easy and secure adjustment of the light direction
- Four brightness levels and one flashing mode
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
- Made of aluminum alloy with excellent heat dissipation design
- Water-resistant to IPX6 standard
- Output modes:
Low: 100 lumens/15hr 50min
Medium: 200 lumens/8hr 30min
High: 380 lumens/4hr 30min
Turbo: 880 lumens/1hr 20min
Flash: 380 lumens/100 lumens alternating
- Beam distance: 410ft (125m)
- Impact resistance: 1m
Length: 4.4” (113mm)
Width: 1.6” (40.5mm)
Height: 1.7” (42mm)
- Weight: 2.4oz (67g)(excluding battery)
- Battery: 18650 3.6V/2300mAh rechargeable battery with Micro-USB charging
- Included: Bike mount, mounting shim, mounting strap, spare O-ring, 18650 3.6V/2300mAh battery, USB charging cable
We Also Recommend