Fenix TK16 - 1000 lumens - CREE XM-L2 U2 LED - 18650 x1 or CR123A x1
The TK16 is the first flashlight in Fenix's tactical category to feature tail switches for both power and mode. This excellent flashlight sends out a max of 1000 lumens in Turbo mode and is powered by an 18650 battery. The crenelated bezel ensures that maximum pain will be delivered if the conflict is brought into close quarters.
The TK16 comes with a CREE XM-L2 U2 LED which produces 1000 lumens (Turbo 1 hour 10 minutes), 400 lumens (High 3 hours 25 minutes), 150 lumens (Medium 10 hours) and 10 lumens (Low 150 hours). This light shines through a sturdy glass lens that has an anti-reflective coating after bouncing off of a smooth reflector. All of this is controlled by a digitally regulated circuit that ensures a constant brightness. The TK16 should be used with a rechargeable 18650 battery but can also be powered by 2 CR123A batteries (batteries not included).
There are two switches on the tail of the light. One switch is for power and the other for modes. The power switch provides a momentary on capability via a half press. Having both switches on the tail means that you don't have to change grips to use either switch. The switches are easy to differentiate based on placement and size. The power switch is centrally placed and large. The mode switch is off to the side and slightly smaller. Even with a gloved hand getting the right switch is easy.
The TK16 comes with a tactical ring which allows the user to hold the light with a cigar grip while holding a weapon. The knurling provides a secure grip on the aircraft grade aluminum body. The body is covered in a type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish. The TK16 can withstand a drop from 1 meter and meets IPX8 (2 meter submerged) standards. The battery is held in place by two springs, which work best with flat-head batteries, to ensure the light continues to after impact.
The TK16 also comes with a holster, clip for your pocket, a lanyard and two spare O-rings.
If you are looking for a great tactical light that will fit in your pocket then you should definitely consider the TK16.
For a look into the TK16's design and function, read our review of it. The read won't take up much time, and you'll enjoy it.
- Manufacturer's page: Fenix TK16
- Uses Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Powered by one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
- Reverse polarity protection prevents improper battery installation
- Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
- Tactical tailcap power switch has momentary-on function
- Tailcap mode switch for easy and fast output selection, instant Strobe mode
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- Premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Dimensions: 140mm (length) x 25mm (diameter) x 34mm (head)
- Weight: 122g (excluding battery)
- Output modes:
Turbo: 1000 lumens/1hr 10min
High: 400 lumens/3hr 25min
Mid: 150 lumens/10hr
Low: 10 lumens/150hr
- Beam distance: 787ft (240m)
- Intensity: 14480cd (Max)
- Impact resistance: 1m
Holster, clip, lanyard and two spare O-rings
We Also Recommend