Olight S30R Baton II - 1020 lumens - CREE XM-L2 U3 LED - 18650 x1
The S30R Baton II is Olight's second biggest and brightest flashlight in its Baton series. The S30R Baton II boasts 1020 lumens and is rechargeable. The tailcap magnet makes it easy to attach to cars or other machinery while you are working on it. The S30R Baton II comes with a convenient recharging station, Olight calls it the Micro-Dok, which looks good on any nightstand or work bench. If you are looking for a flashlight that is always ready with full charge to power over 1000 lumens then you will definitely be interested in Olight's S30R Baton II.
Light is produced by the CREE XM-L2 U3 LED. The S30R Baton II has five modes to choose from: Moonlight which is 1 lumen and will last for 50 days, Low which is 20 lumens and will last for 68 hours, Medium which is 100 lumens and will last for 14 hours, High which is 450 lumens and will last for 3 hours and finally Turbo which is a whopping 1020 lumens and will last for 1 hour total. These modes are nicely spaced and provide a noticeable incrementally improved level of light each time you go up.
The switch for the S30R Baton II is on the side of the body. You click the switch to turn it on and off. You long press the switch to change modes. Strobe mode is activated through a double click. The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use.
Most rechargeable flashlights, including others in Olight's Baton series, will take almost any 18650 lithium-ion battery, but the S30R Baton II requires the battery that comes with it to allow the battery to recharge. This battery is built to have both the positive and negative leads on both ends of the battery. For the battery charger to work with this light you need to use this battery. Other rechargeable 18650 batteries will power the light but you will not be able to recharge those batteries inside of this light.
The S30R Baton II comes with a Micro-Dok which will recharge the proprietary 18650 battery while it is still in the light. The Micro-Dok can be attached to any USB power brick. The Micro-Dok includes a USB port that will allow you to charge another USB device.
The body is made of aircraft grade aluminum and is coated in an anti-abrasive type III hard anodized shell. It will handle impacts from 1.5 meters, will survive being submerged in 2 meters of water and meets IPX8 standards for waterproofing.
- Manufacturer's pages: Olight S30R Baton II 3200mAh and 3600mAh
- Fast charging. The S30R Baton II features a micro-USB charging dock that includes an additional USB input to charge other devices
- The light is powerful and small with a maximum light output up to 1020 lumens
- The flashlight includes 1 3200mAh or 3600mAh 18650
- CREE XM-L2 U3 LED
- Hardened tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating featuring a glow-in-the-dark O-ring
- Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus a strobe mode
- Flat tailcap with a strong magnet providing the ability to use it as a hands-free worklight
- Removable pocket clip that is scratch-resistant
- Thermal management safety program provides overheating protection by dropping high output by 60% after 5 minutes of constant on
- Features a wide range current circuit. The S30R Baton II can be powered by 2 CR123As (Cannot be charged)
- Reverse polarity protection to prevent improper battery installation
- Low standby current below 15uA
- Output modes:
Turbo: 1020 lumens/1hr
High: 450 lumens/3hr
Medium: 100 lumens/14hr
Low: 20 lumens/68hr
Moonlight: 1 lumen/50d
- Beam Distance: 196m
- Peak Beam Intensity: 9,600cd
- Battery Type: 18650 or CR123A
- Water Resistance: IPX8
- Impact Resistance: 1.5m
Head Diameter: 26mm
- Weight: 4.51oz
We Also Recommend